What Your Guests WANT in a Vacation Rental Property
- FREE WIFI... is expected as a standard feature. Properties that do not provide wireless internet service are very often passed over by potential guests for properties that do.
- Comfortable beds & furniture... expected.
- Kitchen well-stocked with quality cookware and utensils... expected as a standard feature.
- Matched dinnerware, tableware and glassware - including wine glasses... expected as a standard feature.
- Quality outdoor furniture... expected as a standard feature.
- Good interior and exterior lighting... expected.
- Spacious living & dining areas... expected.
- Excellent audio/video... expected as standard features.
includes a big-screen TV in the main room, Cable TVs in bedrooms, DVD/CD/MP3 Players. Stereo docks for iPods are a great idea, too!
- Swimming pool, hot tub... if provided, be sure they're properly maintained and cleaned.
- Outdoor grills & picnic area... if provided, be sure they're properly maintained and cleaned.
- Easy beach access
- If possible... game rooms with pool table and/or foosball
- Porch swings and rockers
- Games, puzzles and books... are always a nice touch and inexpensive to provide!
What Will Cause Guests to Choose a Different Property
- NOT PROVIDING WIRELESS INTERNET SERVICE
- Old, worn and/or stained furnishings
- Old, worn and/or stained carpets
- Uncomfortable, worn-out mattresses
- Old, damaged pots & pans
- Mis-matched dinnerware and glasses
- Televisions WITHOUT cable service
- Big, boxy outdated televisions
- Too many personal effects and photos
- Dark, gloomy rooms
- Crowded spaces