Governor Authorizes Limited Indoor Dining Services
May 11, 2020 – Governor Henry McMaster announced that restaurants throughout South Carolina will be allowed to reopen for limited dine-in services beginning on Monday, May 11.
Additionally, Governor McMaster announced that he has lifted all boating restrictions, as defined by Executive Order 2020-25, effective immediately. All laws and regulations concerning the safe operation of boats in South Carolina will now return to normal.
The announcement also comes after the governor was joined by the state’s public health officials to announce a new statewide testing plan, which will dramatically increase the number of South Carolinians tested.
Governor McMaster has established guidelines for restaurants to follow if and when they choose to open for dine-in services. Those guidelines include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Only allow 50% of posted occupancy inside, as determined by fire marshals
- Tables should be spaced 6-8 feet apart
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing guidelines for equipment, tables, chairs, etc.
- Additional guidance for health checks for all employees
- Social distancing guidance for employees and customers, including recommended
Guidelines for outdoor dining can be found here.
The official Executive Order will be available later at: https://governor.sc.gov/executive-branch/executive-orders